Parent with dementia living alone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aging Pro Discussion Boards Forum Index -> How To...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chicago

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Parent with dementia living alone Reply with quote

How do I get my 85 year old mother that has dementia and lives alone to accept caregiving, or move to an assisted living home? She's very independent and stubborn. Help Smile
PamelaT

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think an assisted living worker or elderly care worker could help with your problems. I'm sure they experience daily, seniors who are having difficulty accepting the fact that they need help. I think you could start out by having a elderly care assistant visit your mother every two days or so to help with laundry and cleaning and make sure she is fine. I think your mother might be fine with hired help visiting her as opposed to moving into a home.
sethm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know that your mom cannot remain in her own home safely, it's better to take her in a nursing facility. Don't let your emotions override what you know needs to be done. Start a heartfelt conversation with you mom, you'll convince her eventually.
caera

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this situation you have three options and those options are residential care homes, home care facility, nursing homes. If she needs more medical facility then you can shift her in nursing homes but if she doesn’t want to leave her home then home care facility is the best one for her. Care home is also good if you want both the facilities in one.
dannyjoy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your mother is suffering from Dementia and i don't think so that it would be good to leave her alone. Dementia stands for "madness" so it would good to moderate her. If you have sufficient time then you can do it yourself or you can hire a nurse as a mentor for you mother. Currently, there is no medication for Dementia so there is not no option for you except caring your mother.
seanmartens

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Convincing elders to move from the comfort of the home they've known for many years and downsize into an assisted living situation can be one of the toughest hurdles for families to accomplish. Moving is an emotional decision. The best way is to start the conversation sooner than later.
LeonaHamilton

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She should go for memory care home. This will be a best choice for her in such condition of dementia.
Zapyaforpc1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject: Nice post Reply with quote

This is really a great one. Zapya for Mac,Zapya apk,Zapya for PC, Zapya free download,Zapya download
Zapya for ios, Zapya app
Mysites13

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Nice post Reply with quote

Superb information it is. imo for pc
zapya for pc
line for pc
viber for pc
zapya free download
viber app
viber download
zapya for pc
xender for pc
imo app
imo video call
line app
download line
zapya app
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aging Pro Discussion Boards Forum Index -> How To... All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: